2nd – 5th June 2022 Jubilee Bank Holiday Weekend
Whether you are an amateur or a professional, it’s time to show off your baking and cake decorating skills for thousands of visitors to see. See below to find out more and enter!
In 2022, Her Majesty The Queen will become the first British Monarch to celebrate a Platinum Jubilee, marking 70 years of service to the country and the Commonwealth.
The celebrations culminate in the Platinum Jubilee Central Weekend, which takes place from 2 to 5 June, one of the ways Christchurch Food is Celebrating is by hosting a Cake Competition.
The theme is ‘Queen’s Platinum Jubilee’
You must make and decorate a cake fit for the Queen to celebrate her Jubilee this year.
Think big. Think Royal!
Cakes are judged based on:
* Originality and creativity of design
* Overall visual impact
* Skills and execution of technique
* Interpretation of the theme
* Cake must fit within a base area of 38cm x 38cm (15″ x 15″) square and there are no height restrictions
* Cake will not be judged on taste, they are solely judged on appearance.
* Any edible medium may be used and wires, tape, ribbon and stamen are allowed Internal supports and dummies are allowed.
The judging will take place on the 2nd June at the Cake Competition display at the Show and will be judged by one of the Celebrity Chef’s
The prize giving presentation will be held on the Chefs Stage on Sunday 5th June
If you want to enter, please fill in the form below.